Bathroom project - am I right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi bathroom due to have a total refit.
Current shower is electric - I want that out and change onto a mixer shower (thermostatic) run off a combi boiler. Obviously not a power shower.
the other decision is the bath is to be removed and a walk in shower unit installed instead (to cater for older people living in the house)
I know this is likely to be an expensive project (live northwest near manchester) but are the above options feasible - i.e. got a bit confused by the shower options but as I understand it off a thermostatic shower there will be no sudden changes in temp when water is drawn elsewhere in the house?
there will also be tiling and flooring but behind the shower am considering wall panels rather than tiling. Any experience of these and are they a pain to fit? Have got them in the kitchen and they worked out cheaper than tiling :D

Sponsored Links
have a look at these...combi compatible, easy to instal and great pressure

QZA2EV05.jpg

aqualisa

Sponsored Links
yeah i know its a bit steep... but youve no need to cut open and make good any walls, their customer service is great and its a pretty good looking shower.

what would you suggest then :)

buggery just loked at that price on the website... i only paid £375 for mine from a bathroom shop. i dont get trade price either. all i can say is shop around.

also that does look very slightly different to minebut essentially the same thing. exposed bar with control and a pcb/water control valve in the loft

Seen a thermostatic mixer for about £400 :D know they're more expensive than a bog standard mixer but don't forget if the bath isn't going to be fitted need a top spec shower. Glad I'm thinking on the right lines its a bit confusing with so many options.

kathf1974 said:
Seen a thermostatic mixer for about £400 :D

I'm sure you can get them a lot cheaper than that. Should get a decent one for £250 ish, just have a good look around on the internet and in the shops before you buy

Sheds do them for £200. Just fitted the a B&Q (tapmate) one in our family bathroom - looks good, works well. Shower head is plain so might fit a variable head at some point - but then again kids are 18 and 14 it will probably only get 4 years of use (before I change the locks that is :evil: ).

P.S. Checked instructions and it is combi compatiable.

kathf1974, what boiler have you got and what power is it (eg 24kw) it makes a difference as to wheather its a good idea to use a none electric shower. and what other rooms have you get (eg another bathroom?, 2 bed, 4bed?)

3 bed semi - no ensuites just one bathroom
boiler is a combi 24cxi or 24 kw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back