Bathroom project

Looking good. But the sink waste could of had a 45 degree out of the soil giving a steeper drop. Or better still put it into the soil stack in the boxed off back.. One less pipe under the floor to deal with.

Sponsored Links
I've bought the extractor fan (wall mounted, cord) a pipe, and outside cover. Could I not use the cover, just put the pipe up to the airbrick? It will be insulated / foamed in.

IMG_20191110_191329211.jpg

Latest bathroom pic:

IMG_20191110_190023848.jpg

With all that effort you put in don't skimp on cutting the airbrick out. Get a cheap wood chisel to knock out the circle.

Cheers. Wasn't sure how necessary it was, but I guess it would be better to put the pipe right through and seal the airbrick holes not being used.
Will use my hammer and and sds drill bit (the cheap Katsu drill broke)!

Sponsored Links
Yes. That brick will restrict flow and with it being cold the hot stream from the shower will condensate on it.

Started my wall today, my first stud wall!
Mallet is on what will be a shelf
Wall will be about an inch thicker, need to get some wood for the back. plasterboard on back, the board front.

IMG_20191130_191425393.jpg

Getting there. Almost ready for the plasterer.
IMG_20191201_215018643.jpg

Update - boarded, plastered, painted. Just need to get the electrics finished, install toilet and basin, then tile shower, fit shower and door, put down floor. Done.
Will probably wait another payday before finishing the shower.
IMG_20200118_173234195.jpg

Basin and unit arrived. Pipes in wrong place, but can drill holes.

Plumber will be fixing it anyway, but curious, what is best practice for securing a basin to wall when you only have plasterboard to fix to?
The unit can be fixed well as there are 3 battens it can screw into (shown with the black marks on the floor) but the basin won't line up with any.

pipes in wrong place.jpg
basin unit.jpg
basino.jpg

Toilet, radiator and basin in and connected.
Electrics wired up - with a 5A switched fuse as suggested. All working.
I need to make this tidier, will get a MK plastic switched fuse box so it does't look so silly later when I renovate the front hall. It's all safe and hidden behind a shoe cabinet.

No photos though. Well, no good ones ...

Need to board the shower, get it tiled, fit shower, finish skirting, put shelf on boxing and put vinyl sheet down. Then done.

IMG_20200223_143038046.jpg

Plastering around the socket could have been neater ...
IMG_20200223_143020478_BURST002.jpg

I fear you may have some trouble with the wastes under the floor at some point. The connection from the WC really needed to be a swept T rather than that branch which is designed for a vertical stack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back