Bathroom Pull switch with 2 clicks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to instal lighting in my bathroom combined with an extractor fan. I want 2 switches - 1 for over mirror lights and 1 for ceiling lights with fan. I don't want 2 pull switches - does a 2 pull pull switch exist?

Sponsored Links
This is about all I could find - I think the term is double throw switch - I haven't seen one in a pull switch version.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK4899.html

You would have to fit it ouside the bathroom.

Alternatively get a mirror light with a pull switch incorporated and a seperate pull switch for your main light and fan.

This is about all I could find - I think the term is double throw switch - I haven't seen one in a pull switch version.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK4899.html
You would have to fit it ouside the bathroom.
The problem with a switch like that is that one would have to choose between the ceiling light/fan and the mirror light - it would not be possible to have both on at once. In any event. if a non-pull switch were being installed outside of the bathroom, one might as well just use a cheap and cheerful two gang switch. I don't think there's really anything even close to what the op would like to have.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
What exactly does he want?
I want 2 switches ... I don't want 2 pull switches - does a 2 pull pull switch exist?
Good question. The only thing I could think of was that he was thinking of a pull switch with sequential functionality, something like:
  • starting with 'all off':
    first pull - A on
    second pull - A&B on
    third pull - B on
    fourth pull - all off
... but I may well be totally wrong.

Kind Regards, John

Sometime after I posted, a thought popped into my head.

Maybe he means a 2G pull switch.

Sometime after I posted, a thought popped into my head.
Maybe he means a 2G pull switch.
That was also my first thought, but I dismissed it because he said "I want 2 switches, I don't want 2 pull switches" - but you may well be right.

I also considered the possibility that he wanted a DP pull switch, so that both circulits could be simultaneously controlled with the same pull cord - but "I want two switches" seemed to kill that idea, too.

I think the op needs to tell us the answer!

Kind Regards, John.

I read it as a single fitting but with 2 cords - like BAS's 2G pull switch interpretation.
Is there an emerging market for your home-made square pull-cord switches here BAS? :eek: I await pics of the prototype 2G version :)

I read it as a single fitting but with 2 cords - like BAS's 2G pull switch interpretation.
Yes, that's also possible....
Is there an emerging market for your home-made square pull-cord switches here BAS? :eek: I await pics of the prototype 2G version :)
If you're right about what is wanted, that might be the only solution! I suppose that, to get even more sophisticated it might be possible to canabalise two pull switches and mount their guts behind a double blank plate, with the two cords emerging through holes in the plate.

Kind Regards, John.

But seriously.

I want to instal lighting in my bathroom combined with an extractor fan. I want 2 switches - 1 for over mirror lights and 1 for ceiling lights with fan. I don't want 2 pull switches - does a 2 pull pull switch exist?
Do you want pull switches at all?

Do you need pull switches at all?

Which Zone would the switches be in if they were on the wall?

Are you re-decorating? Have you thought about proximity switches concealed behind tiles?

Two Circuit L-1, L-2 & L-1&2, OFF
Pull Chain Switch
Philmore 30-9158

Also a Westinghouse version exists.

Google for 3 way pull switch. ( which is a misnomer as it is a two way sequencing switch )

Two Circuit L-1, L-2 & L-1&2, OFF
Pull Chain Switch
Philmore 30-9158
Also a Westinghouse version exists.
Google for 3 way pull switch. ( which is a misnomer as it is a two way sequencing switch )
Well found! Just what I described (apart from one slight difference in sequence), but I didn't really believe that we'd find one!

Kind Regards, John.

This type of pull switch is still employed in those combination heat/light units to provide for heat only, light only, heat & light, and off. Like this one:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HES451.html

Some types of pull switch for 3-speed ceiling fan control could also be used with the right connections, although some would not be usable directly, providing an output on only one of three terminals in each running position (you could use a DPST relay on one position to provide the "both" function though).

JohnW2 you have the right idea. We are looking for a pull switch that will provide control over 2 banks of lights.

starting with 'all off':
first pull - A on
second pull - A&B on
third pull - B on
fourth pull - all off

If nothing exists we will use a standard pull for main lights and small wall light type pull switch for mirror lights. Many thanks

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewto...[quote][/QUOTE][quote][/QUOTE][quote][/QUOTE]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back