Bathroom Pull Switch with Extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bathroom pull switch has stopped working. It also starts an extractor fan that runs for several minutes after the light is switched off.
There are 3 wires to the switch. A thickish Black, a thickish Red, a thinner Red, and an earth.
The new switch an MK6Amp 2 Way has Com, L1, L2 terminals.
I thought I had remembered correctly, and connected the Black to the Com, and the 2 Reds to L1.
When I put the trip back in, there was a bang, and it tripped out.
Now I'm just confused as the printed instructions with the switch don't help, and my call to a local electrician seems to have been ignored.
Help!

Sponsored Links
There is no steadfast answer, you'll need to find out what cable does what. Was there an indicator on the old one? Can you can trace where all the red/black cables run and see if the black is connected to neutral?

No too complicated to trace wires, electrician has now rung and will be calling to fix problem on Monday.
Thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back