Bathroom radiator plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a new bathroom radiator that is a central heating/elec mix.

However, at the moment we have no heating and I want to just use it as an electric heater. There is a thermostat on the side and that controls the temperature. The problem is that I don't want the radiator on all the time - but do not want to have to unplug it all the time. So.... what I would like is a plug with a light and a switch on it that I could just turn off. A light? So that I can easily see if the heater is on or off without turning the lights on. Any ideas? Rgds.

Sponsored Links
leighv said:
I have bought a new bathroom radiator that is a central heating/elec mix.

However, at the moment we have no heating and I want to just use it as an electric heater. There is a thermostat on the side and that controls the temperature. The problem is that I don't want the radiator on all the time - but do not want to have to unplug it all the time. So.... what I would like is a plug with a light and a switch on it that I could just turn off. A light? So that I can easily see if the heater is on or off without turning the lights on. Any ideas? Rgds.
SFCU with indicator. i would also remommend that this be placed outside the bathroom in all cases

If your radiator is the sort i think it is, dont forget to fill it with water before you power it up. We got a towel rail a few years ago, and it had the option of a slide in heater element for use during summer, but we just plumbed it into the heating. I expect these heater elements dont take too kindly to heating fresh air.

Sponsored Links
leighv said:
but do not want to have to unplug it all the time. So.... what I would like is a plug with a light and a switch on it that I could just turn off.

It should not be on a plug/socket arrangement. Even if you have a huge bathroom and the rail is in zone 3 or out of the zones, it should be connected by a switched FCU protected by an RCD.

There is a thermostat on the side and that controls the temperature.

Is this thing suitable for bathroom use?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back