Bathroom refit costs and queries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're having our bathroom refitted, we supplied metro tiles, shower, bath, toilet, radiator and sink. It's 7 sqm floor, 15 sqm wall tiling. We've paid £2400 for the bathroom installation, tiling, overboarding ceiling with lights and extractor fan installation.

The job has taken just over 5 weeks so far, which seems excessive...plus there's a lot of snagging to do. Wonky tiles in parts, tiling spacers sticking out of grout in a few places, some floor tiles a little higher than others and uneven.

I'm asking the contractors to fix as much as possible but do we get guarantees for the work done (including the electrical work) and does the price sound reasonable?

Sponsored Links
I'm asking the contractors to fix as much as possible but do we get guarantees for the work done (including the electrical work) and does the price sound reasonable?

Only your contractor can answer the guarantees question - bearing in mind that you are entitled to have the work done to a reasonable standard.

Depending on the electrical works done these may be notifiable under building regs or can be self-certified

Five weeks sounds excessive - is that 25 full working days or 5 weeks since the job started?

25 working days would suggest a fairly low day rate

It's been over 5 weeks in total, the contractors have been here for a bit then off again (juggling lots of jobs I think). I'll ask them about guarantees tomorrow then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back