Bathroom sink leaking outside the downpipes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bathroom sink was draining very slowly and after numerous attemps to unclog with a plunger, it didn't work. Took off the P trap and gave it a good clean, reassembled it and was leaking from a nut and the plug.
The backnut was broken and one the the seals was warped.
The size of the pipe is 1 1/4" and is PolyPipe, assuming the backnut is also 1 1/4". Where can I get the stuff to repair/replace, had a look on B&Q/Screwfix and toolstation but the biggest backnut is 1" that I can see. Don't even know where to look for seals as that is a minefield in itself.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Your description isn't specific enough.
Show us some pics. If the parts you refer to are what jons the p trap to waste pipe and basin waste ,just buy a new P trap.

IMG_20210901_211057_250.jpg
IMG_20210901_211139_774.jpg

Images as requested. Would prefer to reuse the P trap if possible as the new one may be different length hence asking about rubber seal.. The backnut connecting the waste plug is broken in half and new one is required.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20210901_211249_550.jpg
    IMG_20210901_211249_550.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, got the stuff from my local plumbers merchant and sorted it (hopefully).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back