Bathroom / Socket / Dehumidifier ummmmm help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Ok i reinstalling my bathroom only small 1.7m x 1.7m not putting a bath in just a shower cubicle,toilet and basin have an extractor fan but want to put in there a small dehumidifier but how would you get power to it as your not aloud to install a socket in a bathroom....Or are you ??

Any help most welcome
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It would need to be fixed, but I found it is all down to shower design, three houses, one with mould problem, in of all places Mold, other two never even needed a fan, and no mould problem, so I sat back and asked myself why.

I realised all down to shower screens, house in Mold had shower over the bath, so gap top and bottom of shower screen, so moist air circulated around the room, other housed one no shower screen whole floor tanked as a wet room, so moist air did not circulate, and other shower screen sealed at bottom so no circulation, so moist air not circulated.

Second was where replacement air comes from, wet room down stairs so door to cool hall, so air reasonably dry, this house is also a dry house in general, but the house with a problem the whole house was around 75% humidity, where this house rarely over 55% humidity.

Best de-humidifier I have seen for bathroom was in mothers old house, single glazed steel framed windows with tray at bottom of windows built into frame, with holes to drain water outside, plus lovely patterns of ice on the windows in winter, not recommended, but there are ways to keep rooms dry without using a dehumidifier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back