Bathroom Soil Pipe Connections - See Pictures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've started the process of updating our bathroom and have a query on soil pipe connections...

The existing soil pipe connections will need amending/replacing as the bath waste entered the soil pipe above the floor and I'm hoping to use a slimline shower tray where the waste will obviously be below the floor. The toilet waste also carries the sink waste and will stay the same.

Now the problem, what fittings will I need for the new set up?

I was originally thinking that I could replace the bend at the bottom with a bend that also had a waste connection for the shower. Something like this...

SP412-250x250.jpg

However, I can only seem to find a bend with an access point as opposed to a waste connection. I assume there could be problems with the waste from the toilet making its way up the shower waste pipe anyway?

I did wonder whether I could replace the bend with this turned 90 degrees and lying on its back...

SP411-250x250.jpg

I could then use this to bring in the shower waste...

SP420-250x250.jpg

but my concern about the toilet waste going back up the shower waste still applies!

I've attached some photos to help explain things.

DSC_1375.JPG The soil pipe venting in the loft.

DSC_1376.JPG The current soil pipe connections visible above the floor. The black item is covering the old bath waste hole. The toilet waste comes in from the left.

DSC_1374.JPG The floor removed.

DSC_1373.JPG Under the floor, the soil pipe going to ground in the garage.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Leave it to a professional would be the answer although you don't want to hear that.
To many DIYers attempting sanitary works that end up as an absoloute mess.
There are reasons why you can't find the fittings you're looking for.

Take the waste through to the garage separately, and join onto a vertical section of the stack. Depending on length of run, may be wise to uprate to 50mm for the last section.

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much for your help with this.

The 2nd and 3rd contributors were spot on. I will be going for the boss on the pipe after the elbow as the soil pipe in the garage will be difficult to reach.

Thanks again, I will try to post pictures of the finished job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back