Bathroom Spots / Extractor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have another question.... yawn !

I'm just about to install a suspended ceiling & spots in my bathroom.

The room does not have a window, therefore, is an extractor necessary? (I'm worried about condensation)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks... Time to call in a qualified electrician methinks

Just thinking...

There is a unit on the main ceiling in the bathroom which I assume was once an extractor (no longer works). I checked in the roof space and a large pipe comes out of the ceiling and across the loft to duct through the externally facing bargeboards.

Would this fan be sufficient for the job (if I replaced it) or should the extractor be placed below the new suspended ceiling level?

Sponsored Links
Extract the air from above the suspended ceiling and have grills through the suspended ceiling.

This removes stale air mositure etc trapped in the void above the suspended ceiling.

Have the grills in the suspended ceiling over the steamiest area and the suction pipe from the fan close to them. Slightly to one side will reduce the fan noise coming through the grill.

Have another grill on the far side of the suspended ceiling to allow some circulation.

You will need to be able to get to the fan in the future should it want servicing, or if it ever broke and needs replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back