bathroom suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i to you all.ive being a plumber for 15 yeras well done i hear you say.well ive just started a new council project with my new employer refurbment of council flats in glasgow.

I every morning i turn up at 8am check the material ready for the job,we have to strip out and fit a new kitchem and bathroom siute in a day this is the case for the next 5 years.

we have being useing plumbers mait on whbs and wahers and they still leak we got a independent body in to ceck the material and they said that the goods that where supplied where very poor standard.we did this with the bath to new wahers and silcone and it leaked badly even whem we let it set.

new idea comming acordeless drill was brought in to try and get more edge on the fittings and it worked no leakes now

Sponsored Links
SOunds useful technique but, I'll ask before someone else does, can you explain
"more edge on the fittings " a bit please? :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
ian ferguson said:
new idea comming acordeless drill was brought in to try and get more edge on the fittings and it worked no leakes now

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Seems you have a useful point to share with us but I don't understand the last bit.
Can I suggest you use the spell check and preview before posting?

Sounds like a problem that most of us get over by using silicone

As there were two new washers on the bath I would guess Ian means the bottom ends of the taps were sharp. SOmetimes they cut through washers on flexy connectors whic I doubt are being used here.

A file can be handy to blunten them a bit. I'd use Jet Blue as a goo there - LS-X might be better but it's such a pain to keep the tube usable. It shouldn't ne needed really, and gets expensive!

Cordless drill..on the waste screw? :cool: ...hope you get paid well...rip out + replace in a day..on your own?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back