Bathroom Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a separate toilet room and main bathroom and the light switch for the toilet room is wall mounted in the room.. is this OK?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I have a separate toilet room and main bathroom and the light switch for the toilet room is wall mounted in the room.. is this OK?
Wall mounted switches are also allowed in bath/shower rooms, zone permitted that is!
But no problem with it being that way in a room with toilet/hand basin only.

Sponsored Links
With my bathroom being in two parts separated by an open archway can I have a ufh controller on the wall of the part containing only the hand wash basin and toilet? I posed this question in another post earlier today.
I also want a towel warmer in this section of the bathroom, I was going to put wall chases in the bedroom otherside of wall from a bedroom socket but can the fused spur be in the area not containing a bath or shower?
There is no door in the archway, I suppose this makes it 1 room?
The existing lights are from a 3g wall switch, not a ceiling pull cord. There is also a double socket on the wall in the 1st part of my bathroom! Like it when I moved in and not mentioned on elec safety report?

With my bathroom being in two parts separated by an open archway can I have a ufh controller on the wall of the part containing only the hand wash basin and toilet?
Yes, if suitable for the location - may be a bit steamy.
Do manufacturer's instructions say anything about this?

I also want a towel warmer in this section of the bathroom, I was going to put wall chases in the bedroom otherside of wall from a bedroom socket but can the fused spur be in the area not containing a bath or shower?
Yes.

There is no door in the archway, I suppose this makes it 1 room?
The zones will just go round the corners in an arc.

The existing lights are from a 3g wall switch, not a ceiling pull cord.
That's ok as out of zones.

There is also a double socket on the wall in the 1st part of my bathroom!
If within three metres of bath or shower it is not allowed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back