bathroom tap turning itself off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the most part when turning on my cold tap a short jet of water will shoot out before the flow stops suddenly. On a few occasions upon turning it on it will flow furiously. This problem came on suddenly, does anyone have any idea what could cause this or better still how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
sounds like the washer has come loose from its mount, AND its a rather strange construction.

Sponsored Links
what kind of tap is it? :confused: Well the only way I can describe it would be to say that its like the ones in hospitals only on a smaller scale. Upon removing the 'handle' (which is secured by a single screw) there is a spindle at the top, below is a bolt which can be removed under which is a rubber bung which I cant seem to remove. The rubber bung normally sits within a larger bolt with a threaded portion at the top. (I have a pic but don't know how to put it on here, hope my description is good enough).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back