Bathroom Tiles - Old Render - How To Prep & Stuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm having a row of bathroom tiles installed (haven't got enough for full refurb). I will scrape the old adhesive before the tiler comes. I have 3 questions that I'd appreciate thoughts on.

1. Should I apply Mapei G primer the day before the tiler? (I have some left over from floor work). I am concerned the old render is very, very dry. When I had plastering done on an old render wall - it dried super quick and cracked.

2. Also I was going to get quick set adhesive and grout so he could do both on the same day. Would quick set actually be too quick for the old dry wall? And recommendations?

3. Am I safe to pay him all the money as soon as the job is finished - as long as it looks good/it is good? Or is it common to want to wait 24hrs and pay bank transfer. Are defects noticed immediately I guess is what I'm asking.

Thks

IMG-20201212-153402.jpg

IMG-20201212-153355.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back