Bathroom TV

david and julie said:
Extra low voltage would be safer adam.

kendor, just curious are TV's available less than 12V? not being funny or anything, just I have never seen them.
Yes i used to have one that ran on 6volts but that wasn't what i was referring to, Adam mentioned low voltage, 12volts or for that matter 6 volts don't come into tht category they come under the extra low voltage category.
Good to be able to converse without any bad feelings hope this will continue and i'd like to be the first to bury the hatchet, ok we will never agree on some things but isn't that an individuals right, to think differently?
I was just expressing my views on the conservatives, i've listenend to many people slagging Blair off in the past but i never let it get to me as they are entitled to their opinions, anyway you know some of my views on certain subjects now so please don't take offence if i beg to differ. Ok?

Sponsored Links
Nor yor unquestioned integrity Shall e'er be sullied with one taint or spot That may take from your innocence and candor. --

The candour is spreading throughout GenChat --- Off to check the 'bulls' at electrics -- need to read of a good goring !! p'raps our part P dissertation wallah is still twitching !! ;)

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Better not use it then, just in case you wear it out ;)
:) It's actually very useful, especially melting the ice on these cold mornings, what i meant to say was i hope my windscreen doesn't get chipped or shattered that i have to replace it, i wonder how much it costs to replace on a ford focus any ideas?

kendor said:

I did mention the 12V though, so neurgh. :p

Unfortunately the IEE doesn't have the thoroughness required for such pedantry, but really "low voltage" is a subjective term. They should in fact be referring to "Low Voltage" if they wish to define it. The capitals make all the difference. They might as well call it "not very big voltage", or "oooh, might give you a nasty nip if you touch the wire, voltage".

However, the IEE still refers to "low voltage" rather than "Low Voltage". And to think they call themselves engineers, any true engineer is a pedant. They do courses in it.

AdamW said:
kendor said:

I did mention the 12V though, so neurgh. :p

Unfortunately the IEE doesn't have the thoroughness required for such pedantry, but really "low voltage" is a subjective term. They should in fact be referring to "Low Voltage" if they wish to define it. The capitals make all the difference. They might as well call it "not very big voltage", or "oooh, might give you a nasty nip if you touch the wire, voltage".

However, the IEE still refers to "low voltage" rather than "Low Voltage". And to think they call themselves engineers, any true engineer is a pedant. They do courses in it.
I agree with you adam that used to be a talking point back when i was at college, I suppose they have to talk in relative terms with the wide range of voltages that are covered?
but for those not in the industry yes it can lead to some confusion.

No confusion about the deadly cocktail --- water and electricity -- should be poles apart ... electric showers ? on the scrap heap where they belong, nothing like freedom of gravity, feels so much better !! ;)

AdamW said:
There are a few brands now, try this site if you haven't seen it already.

This was one of the very many I have been looking at with the high prices :(

Don't think I'll go to the bother of a normal LCD behind perspex etc.. Bathroom is going to be new top to bottom, wouldn't want to spoil it :p

Will just have to keep looking, or wait till everyone has one and the prices drop??? :confused:

I think it is worth the fortune, if nothing else you can go and sit on your throne whilst there is a cookery programme on TV where they demonstrate how to "bake a loaf", or make a chocolate log.

You can get fully-waterproof keyboards too, so consider the possibility of having internet access in your bath.

pipme said:
nothing like freedom of gravity, feels so much better !! ;)

'Specially when you have a 3 bar pump assisting the gravity ;)

AdamW said:
I think it is worth the fortune, if nothing else you can go and sit on your throne whilst there is a cookery programme on TV where they demonstrate how to "bake a loaf", or make a chocolate log.
You can get fully-waterproof keyboards too, so consider the possibility of having internet access in your bath.
:LOL: Adam and you had a go at me for putting you off your biscuit good job i've already had my tea :LOL: :LOL:

i suppose you could sit there cursing the senakot advert :)

It's actually very useful, especially melting the ice on these cold mornings, what i meant to say was i hope my windscreen doesn't get chipped or shattered that i have to replace it, i wonder how much it costs to replace on a ford focus any ideas?[/
quote]

I was quoted £160 to replace mine (on a mondeo). The mechanic said it was a pity there wasn't a chip in the windscreen as then the insurance company would pay for anything over a £50 excess without it affecting my no-claims. Not that I'm trying to put ideas in your head of course.

:idea: Maybe I should invent a 21" 16x9 periscope for mounting in the loft space to display imagery into a bathroom!

Shlould be able to knock 'em out for £60! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back