Bathroom TV

mildmanneredjanitor said:
:idea: Maybe I should invent a 21" 16x9 periscope for mounting in the loft space to display imagery into a bathroom!

Shlould be able to knock 'em out for £60! ;)

Bargain! Where do I sign for one :p lol

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
pipme said:
nothing like freedom of gravity, feels so much better !! ;)

'Specially when you have a 3 bar pump assisting the gravity ;)

Nah, go green, save water and a little electricity ..... very happy with gravity fed Mira Excel ... 7+ yrs now very hard water area -- working fine, takes cold supply from hot water header tank (raised) in loft, no temp changes when other house taps running, reacts quickly and reliably to temp adjustments --- perfeck !! Thank you very much !!
P

AdamW said:
TVs do have high-voltage components inside, and in such moist air you could get arcing between the components inside.
This is true. The supply voltage might be low but it has to be cranked up to run a CRT television. Even with a very small screen, the EHT might have to be something in the order of 4 - 8Kv. It sometimes doesn't take much moisture in the air for it to start making ticking or arcing noises.

Not sure what voltage LCD TV backlights run at ...they're not in the order of thousands of volts though.

Sponsored Links
With regards to the periscope, what you have described is basically a rear-projected set-up. Those projectors you can buy, can also be used to project against the rear of a screen thus allowing you to install massive screens with no projector visible. They usually have the projector at the bottom, reflecting up off a couple of mirrors (the further the light has to go, the better: less distortion).

So, you could install the projector in the loft, and put your rear-projection screen in the bathroom wall. Brilliant! :D

With regards to LCD backlights, I would have thought they use LEDs thus work on just a few volts. :idea:

Back