Bathroom walls out of square

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have recently bought our first house and after stripping out the old bathroom we realised it needed completely re plastering. The plasterer came and dot and dabbed some boards onto the walls and skimmed them. After reading on here etc this seems to of been an error.

I now find that the corner I want to place my bath/shower is out of square. The bath is 1800x800 and if the long side is butt up to the wall then the outside corner of the short tap end is 20mm off the skimmed plasterboard.

What are the viable solutions to this problem? Taking the existing board off and replacing with a tapered frame and aqua panel or something similar? Because of the size of the room and location of door and window I would be very much against moving the entire wall to a 90 degree angle but could you just do 800mm's worth or similar?
Digging a channel into one or both of the walls and sitting the bath into the plasterboard?
We are really struggling to think of a solution, we are attempting to get quotes off tilers / bathroom fitters etc at the minute in the hope they could sort it out. Any ideas would be massively appreciated thanks for your time.
[/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back