Stud Walls in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
Have removed the old bath now from bathroom and have access to the pipework etc, I have to remove the plasterboard in place at the wet end of the bath.

The wall next to the bath is a stud wall with lath and plaster. What shall i replace the wet end plaster board with?, I will be tiling the walls eventaully.

Also, can I screw new plaster boards over the old lath and plaster? if so what should I use? also what should i use to attach them to the stud partitions.

i need something similar to plasterboard but waterproof, something that can be screwed to the partions and will aloow to be tiled over.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
a product called aquapanel, you can buy in wickes about 14 pounds per sheet :D

Or use plasterboard and tank it to keep the water out.

Jason

I Have removed the old tiles and some of the plaster has blown and has gone back to the black render and lath and , so my next question is;

Ideally i would have liked to have plasterboard or aquapanel it, but I have no way of knowing where the stud wall joists are without removing all the old black render, I would have liked to have screwed the new board directly over the wall, any suggestgions?

Sponsored Links
once you have lacated the studs then long drywall screws will do if using plasterboard or something like Reisser R2, Spax or Goldscrew plus if using auapanel.

Ideally hack all the render off and just leave the lathes.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back