Battery identification help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anybody help identify what kind of battery I need for this Christmas decoration?

image0 (12).jpeg

Sponsored Links
Difficult to judge the size from a photo, but if it's a battery 30mm x 5mm dia. and 1.5V It's probably an LR1.

Sponsored Links
My guess, 2 x stacked LR44, a p.d. of 3V will usually be required to illuminate an LED.

Dimensions of the battery compartment are 25mm x 15mm, no indication of what battery type on the cover.

I suspect it is some sort of lithium cell battery? There is space for 3 LR44 batteries.

Dimensions of the battery compartment are 25mm x 15mm, no indication of what battery type on the cover.

I suspect it is some sort of lithium cell battery? There is space for 3 LR44 batteries.
Try, two, then three LR44's.
They have become more popular in ornaments, after incidents of kids swallowing lithium cells. Plus they are a lot cheaper.
I still think two - adding three will really compress the spring - you wouldn't need such a long spring, if you were filling most of the gap.

Before this becomes one of Nutjob's infamous 20 page threads, may I just say one thing?

LR44's

That is all.

Measure the dimensions of the compartment and let us know, then you can get better informed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back