Replacing rechargeable battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a twin-pack solar light at last year end in a local shop and found the product will not be lit up recently, most probably I think is because of the battery.

But it says the battery shall use 1.6V Ni-Zn battery. Is it same as to Ni-MH? I try to google/wiki the detail Ni-Zn but found nothing. Can anyone tell me more about this battery? And is this type battery special? Thanks~

Sponsored Links
Any re-chargeable battery will do for these solar lamps. NMH instead of Nicad will give better results, ie, a full re-charge instead of just a top up.
When you replace the batteries, make sure that any corrosion is scraped away from the battery housing terminals and, if you have a domestic charger, fully charged batteries will get the lamp off to a flying start.

Thanks a lot, but how do i get rid of those battery? do then need special treatment?

Sponsored Links
Isn't that there all our recycling ends up anyway?

Dealextreme etc will be able to provide replacement batteries to suit your need & AFAIK they are in HK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back