Battery powered tools - what is the point?

The best £85 I ever spent was on an 18V Li-ion cordless hammer drill with two 1.5Ah batteries. True, it is only used for DIY, but it overcomes the problem of trailing mains leads, especially when up ladders, and makes "quick jobs" easier, as there is no need to find the nearest mains socket! We even have a cordless Dyson, bought when I got fed up with tripping over the ****** vacuum cleaner flex!

Sponsored Links
I seriously had to double check the date of this post.
Is this a Troll Post? or Op is a clueless Women?

btw my makita batteries charge up in 15-25minutes depending on capacity.. so yeah that's really ''long'' ;)

When I'm deep in the loft with no floor, balancing on the beams, is to need to worry about a tangled cable or the cable not quite being long enough. And also dragging a cabled lamp along with me.

LED flood light, 18v Bosch combi drill - job done in minutes.

When I'm deep in the loft with no floor, balancing on the beams, is to need to worry about a tangled cable or the cable not quite being long enough. And also dragging a cabled lamp along with me.

LED flood light, 18v Bosch combi drill - job done in minutes.

I thought cordless lighting was shocking in comparison to corded but recently bought a Milwaukee Rocket Light and it's brilliant.

Attachments

• BRwIf7lA6uu.jpg
    BRwIf7lA6uu.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 102
Sponsored Links
I thought cordless lighting was shocking in comparison to corded but recently bought a Milwaukee Rocket Light and it's brilliant.

Yup, I've just got a cheapo LEDHut 10w cordless LED flood, but it's brilliant and lasts a good 4 hours. Only thing is LED doesn't get dimmer as the battery runs out, it just suddenly stops!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back