Battery Ratchets?.

I don’t have any Milwaukee power tools but I can confirm they are well made and the spares situation is good too.....any part you need is 10 days away as a rule.
John :)

3 to 5 year warranty on the Milwaukee, 1 year on Snap-on (for a £400+ tool..).

Milwaukee do an M18 (18v) 1/2 inch impact gun where you can program 4 indivdual torque profile settings via your phone, really impressive stuff and 1/2 the price of the S-O, madness really.

Sponsored Links
Well I've had it a couple of months now and in daily use, really good tool!.

Just bought the long reach 3/8th M12 to go with it I'm that impressed.

Sponsored Links
20200925_135918.jpg
Not used the 3/8th yet, will be getting a roadtest tomorrow under the car.

The 1/4 is ideal on the motorcycles, really good bit of kit.

Whats wrong with a bit of good old manual pull/push of the arm?
Unless I was on a production line tightening nuts all day I wouldn't waste my money to be honest.
people who spend whole days dribbling on here clearly have enough time on their hands to fiddle with their nuts, and could never understand the importance of the necessity of the right tools for the trade.

Heaven help future generations if there is ever a power cut.
They would all be running round like headless chickens because their hand tools have stopped working when the batteries run out, or as mentioned above, their phone has been surgically removed from their hand.

There's a massive place for tools like these to speed the job up....these ratchets are a good example.
However, those folks who reach for the impact wrench every time will realise their inexperience when bolts shear or heads round off and don't experience the 'feel ' of hand tools.
John :)

The battery rachet is best of both worlds imho, you can snug a fastener up and then hand tighten with the same tool.

Impact guns have their place, I often use a 3/8ths Snap-on Battery gun to walk engine casing bolts in, but low speed and finish with a ratchet (can do all in one operation now though with the battery ratchet).

I've been spannering over 25 years now, would never gun a fastener up and call it done without checking by hand.

Right tool for the job.

Sponsored Links
Back