Baumatic BT7.3GL Extractor Hood lights not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, after a bit of reading I'm guessing you're the guys to help... I've got a Baumatic BT7.3GL extractor hood but both lights wont come on. The fan is working perfectly and the red indicator light on the control panel is coming on to say the lights are on. I've read that it's probably the transformer but I'm at a loss as to where it is on the circuit board, or if I can replace it. I've attatched a photo of the circuit board... hope you can help.

Sponsored Links
I go with ELI, switch control problem.
But can you see where the lamps snap in?
They will have a push in connector from lamp holder to supply.

Sponsored Links
I go with ELI, switch control problem.
But can you see where the lamps snap in?
They will have a push in connector from lamp holder to supply.

they're the two pin bulbs, they both are fitted securely. all the other switches (fan control 1, 2 & 3) work ok

There is normally a flex leading from the lamps that has a push and snap connector can you identify where this connected.

There is normally a flex leading from the lamps that has a push and snap connector can you identify where this connected.

in the picture above, the plug at the bottom with red and black wires, that splits into two plugs (each 1 red 1 black), these in turn plug into two futher plugs leading the the small white blocks that house the two pin bulbs., all the connections are plugged in tightly

Do you have an approved voltage indicator? As I would now disconnect that plug and test between the two pins on the PCB.
The round wound unit is likely to be the trany for lights, it would be most likely be better replacing PCB rather than just that component.
But may also be worth looking for dry or broken joints.

Do you have an approved voltage indicator? As I would now disconnect that plug and test between the two pins on the PCB.
The round wound unit is likely to be the trany for lights, it would be most likely be better replacing PCB rather than just that component.
But may also be worth looking for dry or broken joints.

i've dropped the plug off and done a voltage check betwwen the pins, 0 volts both when switched on and off. there no sign of damaged or correded joints on the back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back