Baxi 105 e issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my boiler won't give me hot water from the tap but when I turn on the shower it fires up. I've checked the pin on the diaphragm and that goes in and out OK. Any ideas would be much appreciated? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian, are these easy to fit or is it an engineers job?

Easy enough to do but be carefull and cover the pcb housing to stop any water getting in there, he calls it a filter in this video but that is the venturi

Sponsored Links
Could be shower passing to hot also.
Said shower would work okay but other outlets wouldn’t.

Hi Jeff, the shower works fine, and when the heating or the shower are running I can then get hot water from tap but without them running no hot water. Weirdly I have come home tonight and the water is hot from the tap as normal, God knows what's going on

Last edited:
The shower may appear to work fine but when it's turned off the valve block can allow cold water to pass across to the hot side...the result being that when you open another hot tap, instead of drawing all the hot water through the boiler it pulls some water via the faulty shower valve and cold pipework reducing the water flow through the boiler.
Isolate the cold inlet to the boiler and check the hot outlets...there should be no flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back