BAXI 105E Boiler Noisy Pump

Just taken a photo of the diverter valve.
Just to clarify - the boiler is quiet when the central heating is initially turned on.
If the hot tap/shower is run, the boiler gets noisy when they're turned off and the central heating is still on.
Hope that makes sense.
Andy
the O rings in the divertor can cause a high pitched whinning noise i would be changing the innards of diverter or giving everything a clean and a smearing of silicone grease

Sponsored Links
Thanks gas112
I have fitted the diaphragm repair kit on a couple of occassions ovr the years so I'll take a look at that next.
Cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links
The bit behind, once you take complete diaphragm housing off

That area hardly ever gets serviced. Would not be surprised if it is seized up

Each time the hw demand switch operates, boiler starts making noise. Wonder if there is glow through the PHEX or lack of causing the bypass to open.

Andy, the noise would be loudest on the left brass section at the rear. Listened to the noise a few times. Should have asked what is the hot water like when tap fully open

Hello,
Did this get resolved? I have the same problem. My initial thoughts were the pump as it sounds like a small bearing whining and only starts when the heating has been on for around 30 minutes and goes off when you run the tap.
It is a BAXI 105 HE. New diverter valve around 3-4 months ago and been fine up until now.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
David

Hello,
Did this get resolved? I have the same problem. My initial thoughts were the pump as it sounds like a small bearing whining and only starts when the heating has been on for around 30 minutes and goes off when you run the tap.
It is a BAXI 105 HE. New diverter valve around 3-4 months ago and been fine up until now.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
David
Hi David
It is against site rules to hi-Jack posts , because it just gets so confusing when reading different faults on different boilers, although you might think you have the same fault, please start your own post and name your boiler in the post and everyone familiar with that boiler will help you out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back