Baxi 105e Combi & Mira 415 Shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The problem I have is that the burners cut out for several seconds or so when showering. When this happens the DHW light stays on though. I seem to have warm water for 40 seconds followed by 10 seconds of cold. I cannot replicate this fault when using hot taps. I have recently replaced the diaphragm in the boiler (different fault). I have also changed the cartridge in the shower. The only other point I have is that this fault first appeared last winter, but seemed to go away in summer only to re-appear again this winter.

Any help?

Sponsored Links
Yes the Mira 415 is not thermostatic so when the boiler is reaching high internal temperature (which it will do as showers do not use as much water as a tap) then the boiler is reaching max temperature and shutting off for a few seconds then refiring.

The result is you get a cold slug in the shower. Believe me I have the same shower and a Vaillant Ecomax 828/2e.

Unless you have problems with the calorifier transfering heat to the DHW then I would suggest turning down the Hot water temperature on the front of the boiler to perhaps half and give it a try.

You will have to turn up the shower temperature but this certainly worked for me.
If you then want to run a bath then turn it up again.

Stan

You could also try a new DHW thermistor (especially if its got a black plastic head)

Try turning a hot tap on just a bit. Same behaviour?

Other causes can be sludge in the tap water heat exchanger, or a gas valve which needs adjusting. Perhaps its going out instead of low.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back