Baxi 105e DHW

I have a similar problem with the same boiler.... with a couple of subtle differances!
The DHW temp has got lower in recent weeks. On initial start it reaches full temp then fades away and regains to just warm enough for a shower. Stays steady at this point.
I have isolated the heating flow as mentioned above but symptoms remain. throttleing down the tap see's the burner controlled and reduce. From reading the above and other threads eye either the gas valve isnt opening fully providing full gas flow... Faulty actuator - temp sensor?? or ... the heat exchanger is blocked on the primary side??

Would welcome some help / offers of advice on the matter please.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys

The boiler is the 105e which is the instant.
I tried as Holty suggested and indeed the hot water was much much hotter and stayed that way with the tap open full bore.
So I guess it's a case of either changing the diaphragm first and see or go for a replacement diverter valve. Is there anything that can be adjusted on the pressure diff or is there a way to check if this is "slightly stuck in the heating position"?
Many Thanks to all

No diaphragm in that diverter and as said are a pig to replace, the pressure diff can be inspected by removing the dhw diff and CAREFULLY easing it away to see if the spindle on the rear section of the diff is freely moving in and out. The front diff is held in place by a u clip and the 2 small copper tubes attached will bend slightly enough to view the rear diff.

If you need either the diff or the diverter drop me a pm as i have both parts in the garage.

Hi Banditbarron

I stated that my baxi was the instant but after speaking to baxi tech I am not so sure. They have told me to call them with the GC number which I wrote down last night and they will confirm which model it actually is. After what you guys have said I hope it isn't the instant :D
Once I know for sure which it is I will post and will certainly PM if I need the parts, are they new?

Thanks

Hi Banditbarron

I have now confirmed with Baxi that I do NOT have the instant combi, sorry for the confusion.
Am sending you a PM in regard to the parts you have.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Banditbarron

I have now confirmed with Baxi that I do NOT have the instant combi, sorry for the confusion.
Am sending you a PM in regard to the parts you have.
Thanks

If you look on the inside of the drop down panel it will say if it is an instant, also an instant will have to knobs on the front one having pre-heat written by it, Oh and add me as a friend so i can pm you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back