baxi 105e high pressure problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new here so please be nice :)

Right I have a Baxi 105e combi apparently after reading many forum posts they are crap to be polite. Am at my wits end with the damn thing so time to ask for help.

The problem started with a lack of hot water none to be precise, after reading many post I decided it must be the diverter valve so I promptly took it out and replaced it with another (also replaced pressure guage as the capillary pipe snapped off when i opened the front panel...grrrr). Still no hot water, checked yet more posts and decided it must be the heat exchanger, removed this and gave a damn good clean replaced and bobs your uncle as much piping hot water as i need. Job done i thought...... nope...... the pressure when the central heating in is on started going off the scale. Decided this could be caused if there was anh holes etc in the heat exchanger that were perhaps previously blocked by the crud I washed out, so ordered a new one just fitted it and still have same problem.

Have bled and bled the rads several times to no avail. I have noticed that all the rads downstairs seem to heat up from the top down over and do not get particularly hot at all whereas the rads upstairs are piping. There only seems to be a slight trickle of water coming from the prv where i would have expected a lot more as the pressure is off the scale therefore well over 4.5 bar, the pressure also goes up when the hot water is turned on, should this happen? I did also check the expansion vessel the other day which was just under 0.5 bar so topped up but still no joy.

Has anyone got any idea what could be causing my misery? If so please could you let me know as I really need my heating.

Thanks in advance,
Pete

Sponsored Links
Without wanting to state the obvious or offend you, have you checked that the filling loop isnt letting by.Quick test- disconnect braided hose and see.

When you checked the exp vessel did you release the pressure in the system?

Graham

Hi Graham, it's ok I'm not easily offended lol.

I have tried disconnecting the filling loop and still get the same problems and yes I released all the pressure in the system before checking the expansion vessel. Have noticed after turning the system off the pressure went back to 0, guess this is due to the prv.

Any other ideas? am completely stuck.

Pete

could a blocked rad cause such problems? Seems odd that all the upstairs rads heat up perfectly but downstairs they struggle to reach full temperature. Haven't checked pipework but assumed that with the rad closest to the boiler which is about 2 feet away would be the first to heat up, guess it could be the other way round though.

Sponsored Links
Did you check for a blockage in the pipe which connects to the expansion vessel?

No haven't checked that sambotc, guess i shall be having a look at that tomorrow.

Yes baxpoti I am sure incompetence probably has a lot to do with the problem. That's why I am asking the more competent people on here, am sure you more learned folk will have some decent suggestions.

You'll have to forgive the abundance of absolute idiots on this forum.

It does have its uses though :)

Is the pressure getting so high its blowing off?

Yes red_man but only a small trickle considering the pressure goes way off the scale and I believe it is set to blow at 3 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back