Baxi 105E hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When hot water is required the boiler fires up as normal. It heats up to the maximum 80 degrees and runs for 5 seconds or so before the flame goes out (DHW light remains on). The boiler then cools to 60 degrees before firing up again. This on off cycle then continues as long a tap is open. It also makes no diference where the DHW temp knob is positioned. The boiler is 6 years old and has worked fine apart from needing a circuit board 3 years ago.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Does the tap water come out hot as normal :?: Or does it not get heated at all?

Could be a thermistor gone or possible pcb again if dhw stat doesn't control it.

Yes, the water gets hot (as hot as normal), but it cycles between hot & cold as the burner switches on and off.

Steve

Sponsored Links
The following will need to be checked

1. Is gas valve modulating (CORGI area)
2. Restrictions in plate heat exchanger

Can I have my other half back yet poxi? I don't know what to do with all the money you are saving me :LOL:

gas4you said:
Can I have my other half back yet poxi? I don't know what to do with all the money you are saving me :LOL:

Saving money don’t get me started...Just spent all afternoon shopping with the Gestapo (Its her Birthday tomorrow) after drunkenly saying last night I would take her shopping any where she wanted today..What a prat :D :D

Hi Guys,

For info, actual problem was a blocked DHW Heat Exchanger. Boiler heated up to max temp very quickly and the flame modulating was not enough to prevent the boiler overheating, hence it would cut out for a several seconds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back