baxi 105e no hot water again!

CHECK THE MICROSWITCH. I thought it would be evident. The plunger comes out when hot water is demanded but no boiler operate sequence. CH if on is running the system and during that cycle you get hot water, there fore, I would be checking to see WHY no operation for HW when plunger does push the microswitch.

Above applies if 60 degree light not relevant ;)

First thing I checked was the microswitch, it works fine.

Sponsored Links
OK, if the microswitch works, then why does the boiler not operate to HW demand ;)

You know the boiler works ok for central heating, so all the vitals are sound.

Hint- the installation manual is good for locating the fault. 60 degree light is another hint. I strongly suspect you are only seeing that light for hw demand- for ch it does not show

OK, if the microswitch works, then why does the boiler not operate to HW demand ;)

Hint- the installation manual is good for locating the fault. 60 degree light is another hint. I strongly suspect you are only seeing that light for hw demand- for ch it does not show

Can I ask a question. If both plungers come out and operate the micro switches, does this mean the diverter valve is working or are there some internal parts that are sticking

Sponsored Links

Can I ask a question. If both plungers come out and operate the micro switches, does this mean the diverter valve is working or are there some internal parts that are sticking
In for a penny, decided to strip the diverter valve, there was the problem, the dhw pipe into the diverter valve was nearly blocked solid, I thought it was a reducer at first but a light poke with a screwdriver blade soon showed what it was, the internal valves all worked but I replaced all the kit components anyway. seems to be working fine now. next time the boiler has a problem it will be out. must be other internal parts getting clogged. Many thanks for all your inputs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back