baxi 105e no hot water again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has been asked before, never seem to get a problem solver,for my problem.
Heating runs fine, hot water flows whilst the boiler is alight for heating. as soon as heating reaches it's temprature flame goes out, get no domestic hot water with heating\hotwater switch in either position. 60 degree light flashes error.
Diverter valve seems work as it should??. Both plungers come out micro switches work, Continuity across dhw microswitch when plunger out, sending signal to circuit board.
could it be that either the flow sensor on the cold water inlet pipe or the dhw temprature sensor on the dhw outlet pipe not allowing the boiler to ignite.

Bill

Sponsored Links
Diverter valve is not working or you wouldn't be getting hot water
when the central heating is on. Sort that problem out first.

As suggested, your diverter valve requires stripping and repairing with a service kit.

Sponsored Links
Diverter valve is not working or you wouldn't be getting hot water
when the central heating is on. Sort that problem out first.
Thanks for your replies, I thought that as the microswitch plungers came out the diverter was working.
I have purchased a repair kit from the local plumbers merchant, striping it out on Sunday, I will let you all know outcome. Bill

Cant see how its the divvy valve, the boiler should ignite for hot water whatever position the diverter valve is in, find out tomorrow I suppose ;)

Cant see how its the divvy valve, the boiler should ignite for hot water whatever position the diverter valve is in, find out tomorrow I suppose ;)

Well it's been over a week now, being from a machanical background I coated all I was going to remove with gt85 penetrating and water dispersent fluid a couple of days before hand, Sunday came, and on inspection the boiler had started performing correctly, and has been ever since. but at least I have the repair kit if it finaly gives up.

Bill

I think the domestic hot water thermistor is your culprit
Cheap to replace and easy to diagnose

I think the domestic hot water thermistor is your culprit
Cheap to replace and easy to diagnose

I have just replaced the hot water thermister today, no change, whilst I was there I hade the front off the diverter valve, surpisingly clean, diaphram's ok, internal spring loaded valve works ok, still only getting hot water if the heating is calling for more heat. if the switch is only on hot water, the diverter plunger comes out the microswitch works, but boiler still does not ignite, I have just noticed the 60 degree light flashing, it say's pump fault or low pressure. pressure is over 1.5 bar pump spindle turning behind screw. i'm missing something silly.

Pump spindle might be turning but what about the impeller behind the spindle ?
Would remove pump head and test off the boiler.

If the boiler works fine for CH but you get a flashing 60/pump light on HW then there is a blockage in the HW circuit. Most likely to be the plate heat exchanger.

If the boiler works fine for CH but you get a flashing 60/pump light on HW then there is a blockage in the HW circuit. Most likely to be the plate heat exchanger.

This is the confusing part. if the hot water circuit had a problem, why do I get hot water fine as long as the thermostat on the heating is calling for more heat. as soon as the room stat reaches temperature, the flame goes out on the boiler. even if the hot tap is running.

If 60 light flashes only when asking for dhw would suspect flow diaphragm as there is more flow when valve is in heating position.u need to see if flow microswitch is making on dhw only[/quote]

If 60 light flashes only when asking for dhw would suspect flow diaphragm as there is more flow when valve is in heating position.u need to see if flow microswitch is making on dhw only
[/quote]

I have noticed that when the hot water is called for the heating microswitch is also on. Ie the plunger comes out and makes the connection.
I never got as far as checking that diaphram.

CHECK THE MICROSWITCH. I thought it would be evident. The plunger comes out when hot water is demanded but no boiler operate sequence. CH if on is running the system and during that cycle you get hot water, there fore, I would be checking to see WHY no operation for HW when plunger does push the microswitch.

Above applies if 60 degree light not relevant ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back