105e baxi radiators not coming up to proper heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my Baxi 105e works in a strange way. I can not get the radiators very hot, the red lights will not pass the 50 degree point, and when the boiler fires up it only burns for about 1 minute, before the flame retreats, this cycle repeats it self when the temperature dropped down again.
I have drained, refilled and re installed inhibitor, there are no air locks, the room thermostat has been over ridden, the thermostat on the boiler is at maximum, and the DHW can deliver max temp if requested.
Any tips will be welcome.
Thanks.
Keith

Sponsored Links
It seems you may have two faults!

A lack of circulation in the heating circuit and a temperature control fault on the CH.

Tony

clean the filter on the return,bottom right hand connection.

Thanks chaps, Numpty, is the filter within the boiler housing, or an external in line item on the flow return pipe, and, is it a drain off situation, or can I get away with just draining the boiler off?
Cheers
Keith,
Re flow problem,I have flushed the system out, and all OK (old 1/2 pipe installed), so the filter seems worth a look at I suppose.Re CH stat is this a simple DIY replacement?.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
isolate boiler,drain boiler,remove filter flush out under running water,refill boiler, open valves and you should have a fully functioning boiler.filter is fitted in return isolation valve.

If you dont find the filter in the return valve they were sometimes ( wrongly ) fitted in the flow!

If the CH system is only in 15 mm from the boiler then thats not going to help the flow either!

Tony

Hi Tony, thanks, sorry mislead you with the pip size, the flow and return pipes are about 22mm, dropping down to 15mm under the floorboards.
cheers
Keith

Hi Numpy and Tony, I took a look at the fittings last night under the boiler in preperation to cleaning the filter this weekend. Could you please confirm my observations before I get my spanners out.
1. On the 22mm return pipe under the boiler (far right hand side) it terminates into a chrome finnished tap style fitting, on the front end there is a large chrome nut about 22mm, is this the nut I undo to get to the filter?
2.To drain off the boiler, do I undo the little white plastic knob at the side of the pump, near the red BAR valve?, this has a little plastic nipple pointing downwards.
Thanks for your advise.
Keith

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back