Baxi 105e Humming!!

S

stedja44

Hi chaps, i have a 105e and have had no problems with it at all, until now. When we turn the heating on there is a really loud humming noise coming from the boiler, similar to a jet plane. It quitens down after a few minutes, but as the heating cools down then fires back up, it happens again. No problem at all with the DHW. Did a bit of research and got a friend to fit 2 new 'o' rings (with blue paint on them-part number from baxi themselves) but this hasn't worked, any more ideas would be grateful before i set out and buy a complete new diverter valve. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
with this boiler it could be as simple as the case vibrating to the resonance of the fan on start up, i came across this once on a baxi 80e

P.S as Bengasman says why on earth would you think it was the diverter valve ?

Sponsored Links
after research on the internet and contacting baxi for advice, it seemed that people recognized the symptoms pointed the way to the diverter valve. An apparent fault in some of the baxi range. One guy from baxi claimed to know the exact problem and said that it was a common fault within the original 'o' rings on the diverter valve. less of the abrubtness lads please.

less of the abrubtness lads please.

If you get upset that easy then i suggest you go elsewere for your advise in the future

i was only asking for advice, not negativity, sorry, thought this is what the site was for, look at yourself, idiot.

listen your the idiot as your the one looking for answers, my answer was serious as a heating engineer with many years experience it happens, our asking why you thought it was the diverter valve was also a sensible question, now little girl why don't you go cry elsewhere and leave this website for the adults, t*at

well Mr engineer, im sure if you read my post properly, you would find that i did say that i had no problems with my DHW, so if it was "simply the casing, from the fan " then it would make the same noise when i opened up the hot tap. so either you cant read or indeed you are an idiot. zzzzz!!

At least Stedja spells "advice" correctly!

I cannot offer any definite suggestions without hearing the noise.

My first thought is that it might be a setting problem resulting from inadequate commissioning.

How old is the boiler and have you had it serviced annually as recommended?

Tony

sorry Morris40. dont want to argue. Your 1st reply, great! 2nd post, bit cheeky, dont like that, little bit rude. i only asked for advice. I contacted baxi weeks ago, they said it was a common fault with 'o' rings in diverter valve, gave me part number. i ordered part (2x new 'o'rings), got a blown up diagram of where the parts should go. installed parts, fingers crossed...same problem occured. Contacted baxi again, they said to try a new whole diverter valve, i was simply on here to seek any knowledge from anyone with similar experience to save me from rushing in and buying a new diverter valve. that is all. cheers

thanks for reply tony, serviced boiler myself recently, unsure of age though, At a guess, aprrox 6 years old (lived in house 3 yrs.) Done alot of work on 105e's lately and i just knew that sods law would come along and bite me. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back