BAXI 105e Instant hot water light not going out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

The problem is simple, the solution so far isn't! When I draw hot water, the hot water light comes on, burner fires up, hot water arrives. All good. However, when I turn off the hot water tap, the burner stops but the hot water light stays permanently on, not flashing. When in this state I can hear what I assume is a pump working but I'm fairly certain the burner is off. As far as I can tell, this light stays on forever until I mess around turning the boiler off and on again several times and eventually the light appears to go out. With the light on, it means the heating doesn't work which is really annoying especially as its getting colder.

My regular plumber has replaced the pcb with no affect except a large whole in my wallet, and doesn't seem to know what to do next. He rang BAXI themselves and didn't get much help.

One other thing, pre heat on or off appears to make no difference.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Keith

Sponsored Links
Microswitch on HW demand part of divertor sticking or pin not retracting back in with diaphragm . so boiler still thinks there is a HW demand

Change your title to 105e instant as this is different boiler to just a 105e

Hi is the boiler a 105 e or a 105e instant their is a big difference, you mentioned pre heat so i assume its the instant. Their could be a couple of faults , could be the diverter pin not working correctly so the pre heat is always going down the heating pipe and not getting upto temperature or micro switch stuck either way its not worth getting anyone in to fix it ,take out insurance and pay the one off fixed charge with a years guarantee. Hope this helps Cheers

Doubt it's preheat as op says light stays on not flashing which is preheat.
I'd agree with namsag and the pin is sticking or microswitch is noodled

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for the replies.

It is an instant (title changed as suggested) and I had no idea there were two types!! What I do know is that I've had nothing but issues with this damn boiler :(

Isn't this the one with a very small DHW microswitch and the switch stays on when the pin retracts?

I find 50% switch and 50% diaphragm. I dont find any gas in the switches!

Tony

@ Keith

I have the same problem with our boiler and also live in Nottingham so am very interested to find out what you have done to rectify the problem and if you have used an engineer - can you recommend? And at what sort of cost?

Cheers

Paul

Hi there,

My regular plumber has replaced the pcb with no affect except a large whole in my wallet, and doesn't seem to know what to do next. He rang BAXI themselves and didn't get much help.

Keith

I dont think you should have been charged for an expensive part when its not what was required to solve the problem. You engaged him to repair the boiler and he did not do that. You should not have to pay for his incompetence.

You really need a boiler engineer rather than a plumber!

Tony

@ Keith

I have the same problem with our boiler and also live in Nottingham so am very interested to find out what you have done to rectify the problem and if you have used an engineer - can you recommend? And at what sort of cost?

Cheers

Paul

Sorry, never realised you asked this. Anyway, it turned out to be the switch as suggested by someone here. It cost about £25 for the part I seem to recall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back