Baxi 105e Instant Intermitant Radiators

• Thread starter Goldenclogg
  • Start date
G

Goldenclogg

Hi, could anybody help regarding my combi problem. It is about 4 years old but every now and again switching from water to water and heating fails to heat the radiators. It seems to fail to activate the pump and all that happens is the boiler ignites until all the temperature LED's are lit and then switches off. Next couple of days it works normal again.

Sponsored Links
probably stuck in hot water mode, the spindles scale and stick on the dhw flow switch.

Hi Ollski,

Under the panel there is a pump (I think) with Grundfos on the front. I removed the screw which leaked a little water and tested the CH and/or HW and in both cases the mechanism inside did turn.
I guess this was the pump, but once again, once the LED's came on the flame went out.
I fired it up a couple of times after replacing screw and things seem to be ok again now (fingers crossed), so thanks, maybe it was the pump not working.

Thanks,

Graham

New Post - old problem.

Still having same problems. I have replaced both sensors and it was working correctly for a few more days but then went on the blink again. I can have a perfectly normally functioning combi and the following day not. No HW or no CH with heat sensor flashing. I now manually switch combi of at night as sometimes radiator kicks in - Timer is off but in the morning the boiler needs topping up (1/4 litre).
There is no predictability and is highly erratic(I already have one of these at home), replacement seems a logical step but what may need replacing.

Also when combi works and not using hot tap, the water sensor warning LED flashes until hot tap is running and then the LED is solid.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Consider calling Heateam (the manufacturers service division) they advertise on this site and give a 12 month guarantee, as well as 6 months to pay

baxpoti said:
Consider calling Heateam (the manufacturers service division) they advertise on this site and give a 12 month guarantee, as well as 6 months to pay

1. Bloody hek you on commision baxpoti. Or are you a F.S.M in disguise :evil:

2. Half day today baxpoti or are planning being very gracious to you. :D

poxi said:
1. b****y hek you on commision baxpoti. Or are you a F.S.M in disguise :evil:

2. Half day today baxpoti or are planning being very gracious to you. :D

No, no and no no!

OP doesn't even know what the pump is! how can you advise with such limited/poor info
no offence meant!

Thanks for the "help/advice", I have now resolved the problem by elimination. I have replaced the HW diaphragm, replaced the diverter 3way motor valve, flushed and refilled the boiler and up to today the operation has been perfect. Unfortunately I did not take the advice to throw £300+ at an engineer and have got the same result for the grand total of about £37.
As a novice these were "possible" causes and it would have been useful to suggest this as this is an advice forum.
Yes, I do know what a pump is, I have a bicycle! ;)
Maybe I have been lucky, but hope this is helpful to other people who would like to try before paying over the odds.
Thanks baxpoti!!!!!

ollski said:
probably stuck in hot water mode, the spindles scale and stick on the dhw flow switch.

2nd post after yours, told you the problem
Glad you got it sorted so quickly!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back