Baxi 105e interesting problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.

Had a few problems with my sodding 105e over the years, and today I got myself a new one.

Turning on the hot water you get approx 15 seconds of good hot flow, then it cuts back down to cold again. Weirdly though, the radiator in the same room gets very hot (the bathroom is downstairs with the boiler in the room adjacent so this is the first rad in the circuit).

Opened up the boiler and got the mrs to put the HW on so i could watch the microswitches - even with CH turned off both microswitches engage when the HW is turned on at the tap.

Tried tricking the CH microswitch by placing a bit of card between plunger and switch to block circuit, but doing this just means you get no HW at all, even though that switch is fully working.

Now im guessing it's the diverter valve which is probably around £100 I would guess. Is it worth just replacing this straight away or is there anything else I can do first that may solve it for cheaper?

Thanks in advance. Forgotten how crap it is having no bloody hot water.

Sponsored Links
Yes sounds like diverter is passing.

There is no CH microswitch on the baxi 105e. The front switch is the Hw microswitch and the one on top further back is the pump flow switch.

No probs, easy mistake. By putting that cardboard between the switch the boiler presumed the pump wasnt running.

Sponsored Links
No probs, easy mistake. By putting that cardboard between the switch the boiler presumed the pump wasnt running.

And I thought that was a really clever idea tonstop the CH coming on!

:mad:

Just thought to try and get the CH up to speed and then try the HW, that didn't have any success either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back