Baxi 105e Intermittant Hot Water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Can anyone shed light on this problem? I've read many threads on this topic but have been thrown a curve ball by Heatteam (Baxi Tech)
Basically, the hot water will operate for around 30 seconds then cuts out for 10 seconds then refires etc - continual cycle. The diaphram operates the microswitch fine, pump runs and fan operates. The heated water pushes round the CH when that's not in demand.
Heat team seem to think it's either the heat plate or the 3 way valve. It is not a hard water area.
Has anyone experienced the same problem & if so which part is the more likely culprit?

Sponsored Links
Hi Your Problem Is Your DHW Heat Exchanger It Does Matter To The DHW Heat Ex If Your In A Hard Water Area,However Causes Relating to Your Problem Occur Due To Either Hard Water Areas Or Having A New Combi Boiler Fitted To An Existing System That Has Not Been Cleaned / Flushed Properly,The Heat Ex Will Be Blocked Not Allowing The heat To Disperse from The Boiler To Your Taps Quick Enough The DHW Thermostat Will Recognise This And Shut The Boiler Down

Sponsored Links
Hi Having Read Your Thread Again Stating HW Heat Starts To Go To certain Radiators Whilst Running Your Hot Tap Im Sure It Is The DHW Plate Heat Ex.Ps I used to work for HeatTeam as an engineer And Was In The End Before i Left A Gas engineer / Salesman,Always Told To Sell New Appliances Give The Householder A Tale To Sell Her Something,Put The Fear Of God Into Them Sales Techniques,Im An Engineer Not A Salesman,And My Morals Are Higher Than That Of Baxi Heatteam And British Gas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back