Baxi 105e leak query

Just try tightening the nut first.

You will need an adjustable spanner about £4-£5.

Still much cheaper than "Pete the plumber".

I thought he was in both Telford and in Bournemouth.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
I do have to wonder what is the problem that causes so many people to have to say things like """do I need..(shudder)..a plumber""".

A plumber should be a polite helpful person who comes quickly when anyone has a problem and fixes the failure at a reasonable cost.
That has nothing to do with it. It doesn't take much imagination, or customer empathy, to understand why. Plumbers and heating engineers are associated with unexpected expense.

A plumber's charge for a small job probably averages £40-£90. How do you respond to a Solicitor who starts his bills at £300 and more often charges £1000-£8000 if you have anything more complicated.
At some point every single householder, landlord, and tenant encounters the need for a plumber. Conversely, huge numbers of people never consult a solicitor other than for conveyancing or divorce; and some people never do either of those.

Any professional ought to be able to work all that out by themselves. :rolleyes:

Softus wrote:

That has nothing to do with it. It doesn't take much imagination, or customer empathy, to understand why. Plumbers and heating engineers are associated with unexpected expense

Can`t see how expense will be unexpected when you phone & ask for a plumber to carry out work for you, unless it is a `free plumber Helpline`

At some point every single householder, landlord, and tenant encounters the need for a plumber.

Better get on that Helpline..

Conversely,huge numbers of people never consult a solicitor other than for conveyancing or divorce; and some people never do either of those.

Conversely means the term, in relation reversed ,i.e Conversely not all women, are Mothers.. so it would seem that you have included this word to impress although it is totally out of context within your statement..& you are unaware of what this actually means..

Any professional ought to be able to work all that out by themselves. :rolleyes:

Irrelevant seeing as though you are not a professional...

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
a demonstration of a lack of understanding, imagination and empathy
Bamber gaspipe said:
some nonsense about a perfectly valid use of the word "conversely"
Bamber gaspipe said:
some personal remarks
I've love to think that you could debate semantics with me, but you don't seem capable of listening, or of abandoning your personal vendetta.

I'm sure you'll get a pat on the head from Agile though, and the two of you can enjoy making a whole bundle of snide comments when I'm on holiday.

WHich bit is leaking?
If it turns out to be the purpley but, I don't think there's a baxi spare for it, unless anyone can enlighten me..?
Baxi-diverter3-.gif

Nah The seal is captive on the shaft, inside the nut.
I didn't think tightening the other one would have done either...

If you get part 5111137 which includes the diaphragm, dismantle clean reassemble with silicone grease you'll be ok.
Instrs on partsarena.com/baxi

ChrisR said:

If you get part 5111137 which includes the diaphragm, dismantle clean reassemble with silicone grease you'll be ok.

Excellent help! found the part I need - now, were can I get said part?

tollanarama said:
ChrisR said:

Excellent help! found the part I need - now, were can I get said part?

BUMP!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back