Baxi 105e - no hot water, light comes on but does not ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My original issue was a leak from the diverter valve assembly. So I took that apart to see if its was a faulty o-ring but discovered that water was leaking through the pushrod at the front. So have ordered a valve kit.

Now I've put it all back together there is no hot water!

When you turn the tap on both push rods fully extend & press the micro switches & the pump starts to work but the boiler does not fire up.

There are no flashing lights. The heating work fines.

I've tried bridging the h/w temp sensor wires & as soon as I do this the no h/w light flashes - so at least it senses something.

I'm wondering whether its the hw temp sensor that is faulty but it was fine before I pulled the diverter apart! But i did accidentally break the clip that holds the wires in to the sensor but the connection seems fine

Could the no hw be due to me not putting the diverter back probably?

Any advice would be good

Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links
forgot to add when you turn on the tap the hot water light lights up fine on the boiler

Is the spindle lifting on the pump flow switch??
could be trapped air in the boiler? ;)

sorry, where is the pump flow switch?

And how can I release the air trapped?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ok, I've now repaired the 3way valve and solved the leak but still no hot water.

When I turn on the hot tap the boiler reacts, the pump starts to work, the light for the hot water comes on but the boiler does not ignite.

Any ideas anyone, please.

Heating works fine.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back