Baxi 105e Pressure diff assembly leak where faces meet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Noticed leak from bottom of Differential assembly on Baxi 105e so decided to have a read on cause. Having already replaced front gland nut a year ago thought maybe diaphragm had perished causing poor seal. On removal and inspection the diaphragm look in good state with no tears etc. quick clean and check of pins put everything back together. Now pressure differential is leaking worse round whole joint where two halves meet. Is this due to old diaphragm or is there a need for little sealant round where faces meet. Any help would be appreciated..

Sponsored Links
Update, to be on safe side - decided to order complete differential assembly. Short term i remembered i had some Fernox LSX lying around. Light smear around housing faces, fired her up, and hey presto so far so good.. hopefully keep me straight until new assembly arrives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back