Baxi 105e problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. Been babysitting an old Baxi105e for three years and it's not a disaster but a bit temperamental. Current niggle : first time in the day, the CH side only fires up if the Hot water is run at the tap first for a few minutes. On turning the hot tap off the CH smoothly takes over and continues to temperature. When the CH fails to fire up, the 'Low pressure / faulty pump' alert light comes one, though the pressure gauge shows just over 1 bar and the pump makes no noise and seems fine. Any ideas ? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
your boiler has a flow proving switch, it is on top of the diverter valve, it has 4 screws holding the diaphragm , you need to drain the boiler and remove this cover and clean everything inside, there is a tiny orifice that will be partially blocked and will need cleaned, good idea to change the Diaphragm at the same time for all they cost

your boiler has a flow proving switch, it is on top of the diverter valve, it has 4 screws holding the diaphragm , you need to drain the boiler and remove this cover and clean everything inside, there is a tiny orifice that will be partially blocked and will need cleaned, good idea to change the Diaphragm at the same time for all they cost

Thanks for that - the whole diverter valve was re-built with new parts about a year ago, but i take the point about the blocked orifice especially as every radiator on the system had to be taken outside and flushed last year, they were choked, and the return elbow at the bottom of the boiler un-clogged, so i can believe there's enough garbage flying around to cause that blockage.

Sponsored Links
you will see how small the orifice is and they get very easily blocked

It's some time since i looked inside the diverter - any chance you could describe where the small orifice is that might be partially blocked - presumably its under the diaphragm at the bottom of the chamber somewhere ? Or...? Thanks.

Better still, get the boiler serviced by someone who knows what he is doing
Clearly three years on, you are still nursing the boiler that does NOT need nursing if it has been serviced properly. Great boiler, workhorse that needs little or no nursing

You can take umbrage at my remarks, but facts will not change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back