baxi 105he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi to anyone that can help me
the above boiler has been working fine hot water nice and hot last week ch started acting up the boiler would light up then after a minute it would shut down then after a while fire up shut down upstairs rads were hot downstairs not then eventually they do and on and on now it wont fire up for ch also no error codes are present
has anyone any idea

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
it seems to be but very hot to touch and all the temperature lights are on even thought the heatings not running

Apologies ,missed the bit about not firing up for c/ heating in your first post.
Do you have a room thermostat ,if so what type ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I would say on top but I suppose it is at the back, it is easy to see if it is that, just run the heating and watch it and you will see the pin coming up and the boiler will fire, when the boiler stops firing watch and see if the pin has dropped a little bit

Once the boiler shuts off the pin stays up
Then that isnt your problem then, are you sure it stays fully up ? when the boiler cuts out see if you can push the lever that the pin pushes, up a little bit with a screw driver

It goes up about 2mm but the pin looks fully extended I have taken a video but can't put it on here

Changed the pump over and still the same I did notice when draining the boiler down not a lot of water came out until I released the bolts on the pump a bit

Changed the pump over and still the same I did notice when draining the boiler down not a lot of water came out until I released the bolts on the pump a bit
Well that was a waste of time and money as the test I told you to do tests the pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back