baxi 80 eco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help me i beg ,got a prob with this boiler it keeps cutting out when heating is on , it does the same with dhw starting and stoping every 10-15 secs was told it was prob the pcb so have changed it but still the same,any clues guys :(

Sponsored Links
got to the bottom of this one, had a company come out who looked at it and said was either pcb or the gas valve, they said they would find out and get back to me , i have not seen them or heard a word,so called out british gas, they found the the prob in 10 mins , it was a faulty air pressure switch , they did a temp repair and are coming back tomorrow to fit a new switch, heat and hot water at last

got to the bottom of this one, had a company come out who looked at it and said was either pcb or the gas valve, they said they would find out and get back to me , i have not seen them or heard a word,so called out british gas, they found the the prob in 10 mins , it was a faulty air pressure switch , they did a temp repair and are coming back tomorrow to fit a new switch, heat and hot water at last

BG over riding a safety device :eek:

That makes your boiler ID and should be turned off and capped off until fixed properly :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
bg told us to use as normal , so reading what you have said i will take the side of better safe than sorry, one more night wont harm thanks for the advice

had a different guy come out today from bg to fit the new switch, after he fitted it the problem came back . he did not think it was the air pressure switch in the first place, so he cleaned the flame sensor and played about with the gas valve but still not fixed. he is coming back tomorrow to fit a new pcb ,now i am confused. the way it is going i think they are replacing parts till they find the problem.

not sure if they have tried that yet ,i will see what tomorrow brings, but i can not see it being the pcb as the current one in new

yes had a new one last week from bg , i paid for a fixed fee repair but get a different bloke everytime, just annoyed now want it fixed and next time it goes will get a worcester as am fed up ,its just problem after problem.

lol i think you are right there ,the first guy looked at it for 5 mins then asked what was wrong , i explained the prob ,he looked on his laptop then called someone else on the phone . so got more time off tomorrow while they come and play about with it

how do bg make money on these fixed fee repairs?
parts at 98.7% discount?

i used them before and got charged £156 fee it turned out to be a rubber seal not costing a lot, so at least i am getting my money's worth this time

well they have sorted it, tried a new pcb but still no joy so i said what a couple of you guys had said about the sensor and hey presto boiler working fine at last. can let the wife have her heating back on now thanks for all the advice. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back