Baxi 80e combi boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, first time poster here in need of some help please.

I have a problem with my boiler. The central heating is working fine but the problem is with the hot water. When running the tap it runs hot for a good 20 seconds before running cold. Thus making it impossible to run a bath! I have had a mate come round who took the plate to plate heat exchanger off a cleaned it with the proper stuff and he did say there was a lot of build up on it. But after he left problem was still the same. But the missus is starting to chew my ear off over this!!! Cheers.

Sponsored Links
could be a hole in dhw diaghram but i find you can't really clean the plate heat exchanger so may need a new one. Was they lots of black shale in it?

Yeah he said there was a bit in there. He soaked it for about hour and a half. Then put it back. He said there was a black film over it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back