Baxi 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im sick of the site of these ive got 3 on the go can anybody help;

House 1

2 Bedroom with 5 rads 3 upstairs work, 2 downstairs wont get hot. Ive tried turning upstairs off and no luck, ive flushed the downstairs rads with mains pressure and put mains pressure through the downstairs rads pipework which flowed ok ( i did get dirty water through the rads and pipework mainly sludgedy colour and also orangy iron colour).
The boiler is downstairs in a make shift bedroom it has grey plastic 15mm pipework from the boiler for the domestics and the flow and return. The hot water works fine, ive also cleaned the main heat exchanger with Fernox DS3 and flushed cold mains through the boiler. Any help appreciated im still stuck with no heat to downstairs.

House 2

No hot water, b4 i arrived its had a new pump fitted and a dhw diaphgragm. Customer says can get hw with heating on. I investigated and found pump light flashing but heat was working on arrival. Then it started working ok. Checked DHW heat exchanger and cleaned with DS3 and removed some shale, put it altogether and added some chemical into AAV on pump. Tried it again and central heating flow switch wouldnt lift tool it apart again checked diaphragm seemed ok put it back together and starting working again BUT ivce still got the same problem no Hot Water. Any ideas ive said i would pop back when ive got more time, Its in a Hard Water area and the water in the system doesnt look to clever. Any help appreciated has any found an area where these boilers normally blockup.

House 3

Same as house 1 downstairs heating not working, its had a pump head on and piped in ****ty plastic pipe.

:evil: Im a bit peeved off with these boilers at the minute as you can imagine, any help would be nice, i couldnt contact Baxi as it was after 5pm when ive looked at them.

Sponsored Links
plasic pipe shouldnt be within a metre of the boilers which would suggest fitters didnt know what they were doing.i would suggest getting a recognised corgi engineer in to look at the systems and sort them out , instead of you trying to save a buck and playing with them.

I am a registered corgi mate but im stuck thats why im here asking for advice off other people who may have had these problems.

Sponsored Links
house 1 + 3. air or pump.house 2 diverter valve.orange water is first stages of sludge.

House 1 and 3, 3 has had new pump head and one seems fine as its pumping ol around boiler for dhw and the other rads (according to baxi).
I kinda agree about 2 like seems like some sort of blockage in there.

Boiler goes upto 80' pretty quick and knocks off, ie circulation problem. Ive descaled/cleaned the main heat ex on house 1 like Baxi tech said, he also reckons the pump should be ok as its pumping hard enough for the DHW and the rads its heating :confused: . Ive had a screw driver in it seems fairly strong like.

WHen i first removed 1 downstairs rad and cleaned etc and flushed pipework to it, it did get hot then just went off again. However both rads the flow to it gets hot and thats it. It might look it but im not mug :LOL: im here for any one else advice just like ive always done in the past if im unsure.

got to look at your return valve and pipework for blockage or air providing everything is piped right.

checked the return filter it seemes ok, pipework :confused: :cry: its in 15mm and plastic :evil: :evil: . i asked the tenant in the property he says they worked when his mam lived there but aint worked for about a year?

In hard water area the spindle in the diverter is prone to some build up.
They are fairly easy to take apart and Baxi do an overhaul kit for them.
If you have 3 to do it might be worth doing the kits; by the time you do the last one it won’t take you half an hour.
If you are strapped for time, it is of course quicker just to replace the whole diverter.

In hard water area the spindle in the diverter is prone to some build up.
They are fairly easy to take apart and Baxi do an overhaul kit for them.
If you have 3 to do it might be worth doing the kits; by the time you do the last one it won’t take you half an hour.
If you are strapped for time, it is of course quicker just to replace the whole diverter.

Do you reckon div valve is the problem for all 3 jobs like?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back