baxi bahama 100 losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a baxi bahama 100 combi boiler, recently it has started playing up, it keeps shutting itself down, whenever this happens i top the system back up with water, i have checked all the radiator pipes to see if any of them are leaking, they arent ! i have bled the radiators and the one closest to the boiler had a fair amount of air in it, i bled this off refilled the combi unit to reach the necessary bar for operating but over the course of time this pressure drops and the boiler cuts out, i then repeat the procedure of increasing the operating pressure, sometimes it will go for days , at other times we have to reset the boiler a few times a day, can anyone please advise me of the possible fault as baxi are offering £90 for a service or £170 for a guaranteed repair whatever the fault, if it is likely to be a major fault it will pay me to get them out on the £170 tariff, if its something simple i need to look at other options, i have given as much detail as possible, any advice out there would be gratefully received

Sponsored Links
is the pipe outside damp
does the pressure rise above 3 bar when running
is the boiler noisy (stupid question its a bahama) any more than the norm :?:

the pressure relief pipe is totally dry, the baxi makes no more noise than normal , and no the pressure guage does not rise when running, as i have said the strange thing is it can run for days without having to reset the switch all of a sudden it will lose pressure and we may have to reset a couple of times in one day !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back