Baxi bahama 100 not firing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please.
As above, it wont fire up. It clicks, pump starts as pressure gauge jumps slightly. Fan doesn't start but I've tested it and it's fine. Plumber told me to replace ignition board which I did but still no joy. It works on rare occasions for about 24 hours, but when it dies it's dead forever!!! Same results with both heating and water. I went to remove the right hand flow switch but water started coming out so I re tightened it. Thermistor shows very little resistance. Overheat thermostat seems to start around 45 ohms but gradually decreases(is this normal?). I can hear the diverter valve kicking in when I turn the tap on so I presume that's working. Plumber doesn't seem to want to come back and I can understand why, he's only young, he was at junior school when I bought the boiler. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Stripped and cleaned flow switches. You were right, the left hand one was matted. All working great so far. Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back