Baxi Bahama 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is a poor boiler but I have one and I need help! lol. I recently had 2 new rads fitted due to an extension. Although my heating and water is working fine and the boiler is currently operating, for some reason every 4 to 5 mins, the boiler is making a strange noise. It's like a large hissing noise as though it's letting air out or revving up somewhat. I haven't a clue why it's doing it and don't really know where to start. I've looked in the booklet and tried the troubleshooting but am not getting anywhere. I just don't want my boiler to die on me the week before Xmas! Anyone get any suggestions? Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have some air in the system that is getting into your boiler as it goes around the system

I would suggest turning it off over night then re venting the rads (not forgetting to top it up with the filling loop)

:)

Backboiler usually equals sludge in system. Recent works may have dislodged it and piled it up. needs cleaning in that case

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back