Baxi Bermuda Back boiler Heat exchange questions

Was only with them for a month when it happened, i am due to canceling it as the engineer said my cover did not cover the HE ?? but yes i was on the highest package.

Sounds like the 1st visit inspection then if only on contract for 1 month. In which case, if the OP hadnt told BG of a fault then it wouldnt have been covered.

I think the 401 heat exchanger is no longer available through BGs parts sources. One customer on my old patch found one at a breakers and BG fitted it :eek: never thought thye would have

Sponsored Links
Haslam do you mean homecare 400 at 26 quid a month
How long have you been on contract

Was only with them for a month when it happened, i am due to canceling it as the engineer said my cover did not cover the HE ?? but yes i was on the highest package.

annoys me these peace of mind set-ups, you pay money out then when something happens then you find out that part was not covered :(

it is covered, read your terms and conditions :rolleyes:

unless it was found to be leaking on initial inspection and they (BG) were not told a fault exists - although even then, they could have quoted for a repair

no mention of a first visit and a mention of one month. if they haven't inspected within a month its automatically covered no matter what the situation. i agree its a bit ambiguous though.

Have BG fit a new 330 and then watch as that heat exchanger is flushed/changed/lsx repaired for your first guaranteed 3 years.

Have BG fit a new 330 and then watch as that heat exchanger is flushed/changed/lsx repaired for your first guaranteed 3 years.

and all the while the customer blissfully ignores their terms and conditions, i love the ideal world.

by the way g2a, how is your supermodel wife and the 7 bed mansion with quadruple garage and select supercars by the fully stocked trout pool by the private airfield which leads to the dock with the fully manned yacht just ready to whisk you and said supermodel to monaco and its abundance of top flight gambling establishments and five star hotels ready to cater to your every whim?

Sponsored Links

and all the while the customer blissfully ignores their terms and conditions, i love the ideal world.

by the way g2a, how is your supermodel wife and the 7 bed mansion with quadruple garage and select supercars by the fully stocked trout pool by the private airfield which leads to the dock with the fully manned yacht just ready to whisk you and said supermodel to monaco and its abundance of top flight gambling establishments and five star hotels ready to cater to your every whim?

Knackered after trout sushi. Didn't you get my signature on my book?

Knackered after trout sushi. Didn't you get my signature on my book?

nah, were you the bald bloke waving a pamphlet around?

Have a look at the current Ebay postings. There are a number of Baxi Bermuda boilers for sale, some very recent models. If you can find a good and competent engineer, who is able to do a boiler change, or a re-build of your existing boiler with donor parts, that might be the most economical way to go

Haslam do you mean homecare 400 at 26 quid a month
How long have you been on contract

annoys me these peace of mind set-ups, you pay money out then when something happens then you find out that part was not covered :(

it is covered, read your terms and conditions :rolleyes:

unless it was found to be leaking on initial inspection and they (BG) were not told a fault exists - although even then, they could have quoted for a repair

no mention of a first visit and a mention of one month. if they haven't inspected within a month its automatically covered no matter what the situation. i agree its a bit ambiguous though.

I know when i toke up the homecare 400 it stated they would do an inpection, but i called them within a month regarding the leak, so they havent (even still) done an inpection of what they need to do and i know there has never been any sort of cover for at least for 3 yrs as i brought the house from the council, so what are the views on this should i be pushing them to repair it ? as that was never an option i was given - or should i just bite the bullet and get someone else in who can do ???

Also thank you for the replys todate :)

If you called within first month i would say they are right in saying it was an existing problem.. and not covered

Always used to say to mates etc don`t call for about six weeks and if they come sooner just play dumb and say everything is working ok ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back