Baxi bermuda back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm wanting to try and get some idea of whats wrong with our baxi back boiler before i get someone out to look at it.

Been in this house for two years, had the boiler serviced, had gas valve replaced and fitted new stat and controls.

When the boiler fires up, there is normally an audible woosh, and a few times at night (when its dark) you can actually see a flame behind the fire, which is making me worried about the safety of the boiler.

When selecting hot water, the boiler fires, runs for 1-2mins then cuts. Then 4-5mins later fires up. I get hotter water from 1hr of ch than 3hrs of hw?

The stat on the boiler is set low as the boiler kettles when its turned up.

We cant afford to replace the boiler yet, saving up for it, hoping to get a new boiler fitted next summer.

Thanks for any help.

Mark.

Sponsored Links
Very little info to go on, but best advice would be to get the boiler properly serviced and for the engineer to check water levels in your system.
From your description it sounds like a circulation fault in the gravity side of your system. I may be wrong, but far more info is required regarding the other controls on the system, ie zone valves room and cylinder stats etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back